Modifications at the GNOME main menu

Adriano Del Vigna de Almeida katmandu at fs.inf.br
Thu Feb 19 18:06:04 UTC 2004

> Em Qui, 2004-02-19 às 10:50, Adriano Del Vigna de Almeida escreveu:
>
> > For example, I removed the 'Accessories' section from
> > 'applications-submenu.m4' file, recompiled the package and
> > re-installed the package, and got no results. The 'Accessories' menu
> > section remains there. Any other modification get no results. Am I
> > working at the correct package and files?
>
> Oi Adriano!
>
> there was some postings about changing redhat menu gnomes on fedora-list
> yesterday or the day before. Look the archives as I deleted the message.

I looked there, and they are archived for the last month, January
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-January/msg00202.html). But that are user specific solutions. I need a system-wide solution. In fact, I need to modify the default GNOME application menu to have a more similar organization to MS-Windows 9x/Me/2000 'Start' menu.

So I started to hack the 'redhat-menus' package. And got no results.
There is no documentation inside the package about the inner working of
this feature. This list seems to me the only place to ask for questions,
since this is a Red Hat specific package...

Any other direction?

> O que é essa fs.inf.br?

The company I work for... :)

> --
> []s
>
> Alexandre Ganso
> 500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group

Adriano Del Vigna de Almeida
Free Software
Brasília - Curitiba - Rio de Janeiro - São Paulo
Email: katmandu at fs.inf.br
ICQ#: 14898488