DRAFT - Remote Conversion to Linux Software RAID-1 for Crazy Sysadmins HOWTO

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Feb 22 11:45:29 UTC 2004

http://togami.com/~warren/guides/remoteraidcrazies/
Remote Conversion to Linux Software RAID-1 for Crazy Sysadmins HOWTO

Have you ever wanted to convert a remote system where you have only SSH
access from a single disk and identical blank disk, to Linux software
RAID-1?  Well I had to do it twice late December.  After a few disasters
I managed to figure out this procedure.  It worked great on RH9 and FC1,
but for some reason I don't understand it failed on RHEL3.

Any suggestions for improving the procedure or the mdadm manual start on
RHEL3 failed would be appreciated.

Yeah this isn't really Fedora related...

Warren