RFC: Tripwire name change

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Sun Feb 22 16:25:50 UTC 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:37:42 -0500 (EST), Mike A. Harris wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Warren Togami wrote:
>
> >> Anyway, I'll wait a few days, then if there are no major issues, I'll go
> >> ahead and change the name of the Tripwire package (actually it's done
> >> already, I just haven't posted to bugzilla yet).
> >>

> >It seems like an extremely ugly way to avoid the specspo problem.  If this
> >package needs a name change to avoid it, that would mean that this is an
> >acceptable solution for other packages too.  There MUST be a better way.
> >Perhaps...
> >
> >BuildConflicts: specspo
> >Conflicts: specspo
> >
> >... Yeah I am half kidding... but you think of a better solution.
>
> Have the %post automatically strip the tripwire entries out of
> the specspo files.  Not nice, but then it's not nice to have them
> in there in the first place if the package isn't in the
> distribution.
>
> IMHO...

What is this? First episode of "Battle of the Packages"? Actually, at
fedora.us, a package which modifies the files included within another
package in %post would be unacceptable for me and a "blocker "criterion
[*].  Surely the Fedora Project will find the proper solution for this
very minor "tripwire vs. specspo" issue. And that is either to remove the
tripwire entries from the specspo package or to fix them together with the
%description in the tripwire package. If the tripwire package doesn't
have any worse issues, great!

--
[*] Not that you would depend on my approval, though. ;)