RFC: Tripwire name change

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Sun Feb 22 17:03:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Michael Schwendt wrote:

>> Have the %post automatically strip the tripwire entries out of
>> the specspo files.  Not nice, but then it's not nice to have them
>> in there in the first place if the package isn't in the
>> distribution.
>>
>> IMHO...
>
>What is this? First episode of "Battle of the Packages"? Actually, at
>fedora.us, a package which modifies the files included within another
>package in %post would be unacceptable for me and a "blocker "criterion
>[*].  Surely the Fedora Project will find the proper solution for this
>very minor "tripwire vs. specspo" issue. And that is either to remove the
>tripwire entries from the specspo package or to fix them together with the
>%description in the tripwire package. If the tripwire package doesn't
>have any worse issues, great!

I don't purport that it is a /good/ solution, but it is an
alternative nonetheless.  Another alternative, is to have the
tripwire package "Require: bugzuki" (bugzuki is a commandline
based bugzilla frontend client which uses XMLRPC).  Then you
could have the tripwire package installation automatically detect
if specspo contains the bad tripwire entries and have it
automatically file a bug report via XMLRPC into bugzilla.

;o)