Fedora News Updates #1

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Wed Jan 7 04:41:04 UTC 2004

Colin Charles wrote:
 >    http://fedoranews.org/colin/fnu/week1.html
 >Why it exists? We've reached a stage where there are plenty of posts and
 >we have plenty of resources out there. A (bi-)weekly summary seems like
 >the right thing to do.

This is the first I've seen of the site. A community news site for
fedora is a great idea.

I would love to see a Slash/GnomeDesktop.org-style site with news
updates and reader replies. Maybe even a simple movable-type weblog
would suffice for now.

While technically, this is mostly redundant when used in tandem with
other tools (mailing list in particular), it does a long way to letting
others learn about and join the community. Lots of people will read a
website before they'll subscribe to a mailing list.

Steven Garrity