Fedora News Updates #1

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Wed Jan 7 04:59:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 12:41, Steven Garrity wrote:
>  >    http://fedoranews.org/colin/fnu/week1.html
>  >Why it exists? We've reached a stage where there are plenty of posts and
>  >we have plenty of resources out there. A (bi-)weekly summary seems like
>  >the right thing to do.
>
> This is the first I've seen of the site. A community news site for
> fedora is a great idea.

http://fedoranews.org/colin/fnu/week1.shtml is "more correct". I'll get
an index.shtml up soon enough.

> I would love to see a Slash/GnomeDesktop.org-style site with news
> updates and reader replies. Maybe even a simple movable-type weblog
> would suffice for now.

I think you've got to speak to Thomas Chung about this, as I don't own
the site :)

But most summaries/news updates don't have a feedback feature (gnome
summaries, debian weekly news, openoffice.org updates).

> While technically, this is mostly redundant when used in tandem with
> other tools (mailing list in particular), it does a long way to letting
> others learn about and join the community. Lots of people will read a
> website before they'll subscribe to a mailing list.

Yup. Hence the summaries.
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/