The spec file

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Jan 8 13:27:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Peter Backlund wrote:

> I am still in beginners stages of understanding spec file
> > creation and composition.
>
> rpm.org, follow the HOWTO link.

Unfortunatly that one is almost as old as the RPM book and misses about as
much relevant infrmation to modern SPEC file.

I am more and more tempted to write a new RPM building howto in which I
will, no doubt, make some grave errors before it will hit version 1.0 but
I have not seen any other material that covers the whole process.

I know there is "the fight" but is covers only some aspects.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.