Multi-arch kernel install directories.

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Mon Jan 12 02:44:34 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 09:38:11PM -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Right now, the only way I can think of doing this is to install an earlier
> vintage athlon kernel RPM, which is not going to conflict with the 2140
> kernel, reboot, then upgrade to the 2140 athlon kernel RPM after getting rid
> of the i686 kernel.  Sounds messy.

Why bother?  The i686 kernel will run fine on the Athlon.  Upgrade the
hardware, then upgrade the kernel (to an athlon smp kernel) later.  At
this rate, you shouldn't have to wait more than a week or two for a
new kernel.  :-/

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/