Developer Blogs, Weblog News?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Jan 13 07:53:20 UTC 2004

I think it would be very effective for our community if we had one or
multiple sites that either officially or unofficially served for
Developers Blogs and Weblog-style News.

Developer Blogs
---------------
Developer Blogs would be both fun and useful for Fedora community
developers who wish to use it, and also other people watching Fedora
development.  An aggregator with feeds to the top interesting developers
like  http://planet.gnome.org/ would be really cool too.

Weblog-style News
-----------------
http://www.gnomedesktop.org/
http://dot.kde.org/
Perhaps more important would be a weblog news site like FootNotes or
KDE.News where users can submit news entries, and the most interesting
news goes to the front page.  Then users can post comments & questions
to each news item.  Due to the huge size and scope of the Fedora
Project, we eventually *NEED* a slashdot-like news site to cover the
project.

fedoranews.org IMHO would be a great place to put this.  The weekly
Fedora News summary that they put out would be a great regular column,
and the site would have side-bar nav links to their HOWTO & FAQ section.
    If they don't want to make fedoranews.org into that kind of site,
anyone else want to create this kind of site?

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com