FC2: removing gcc32 OK?

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 22:54:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 16:39, Gene C. wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 January 2004 16:38, Chris Ricker wrote:
> > The question is whether it's worth Fedora supporting sparc64 (64-bit
> > kernel)   and sparc32 (32-bit kernel) or just sparc64....
>
> Oh.  At this point my vote would be for sparc64 kernel only and let the
> sparc32 kernel fall to legacy responsibilities ... but that is just one vote
> from someone who does not currently have any sparcs.

And I'm in the both or nothing camp. Keith (sparc32 maintainer) is
committed to fixing bugs that I find in the sparc32 arch. I'm willing to
put the time in for this, and I do have sparcs. I'm committed to
ensuring that the existing Aurora userbase can migrate forward if they
so desire.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> LCA, RHCE
Red Hat Sales Engineer || Aurora SPARC Linux Project Leader

"The author's mathematical treatment of the conception of purpose is
novel and highly ingenious, but heretical and, so far as the present
social order is concerned, dangerous and potentially subversive. Not to
be published." -- Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World"