ClamAV RPM Problems..Fixed!

Casey Price linuxproject at aws-sj.com
Sun Jan 18 05:48:39 UTC 2004

Well, after a bit more looking in the fedora.us clamav.spec file I
discovered (after just a few tries) what I needed to do. Heres the new
spec file:

Summary    : A free opensource Anti-Virus client for Unix-based systems.
Name       : clamav
Version    : 0.65
Release    : apx
License    : GPL
Group      : Applications/File
Packager   : Casey Price <linuxproject at aws-sj.com>
Source0    : clamav-0.65.tar.gz
URL        : http://www.clamav.net/
BuildRoot  : %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root

%description
Clam AntiVirus is an anti-virus toolkit for UNIX. The main purpose of this
software is the integration with mail servers (attachment scanning). The
package provides a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command
line scanner, and a tool for automatic updating via Internet. The programs
are based on a shared library distributed with the Clam AntiVirus package,
which you can use with your own software. The virus database is based on
the virus database from OpenAntiVirus, but contains additional signatures
(including signatures for popular polymorphic viruses, too) and is KEPT UP
TO DATE.
%prep
%setup -q

%build
%configure --disable-clamav

make %{_smp_mflags}
make check

%install
%{__make} DESTDIR="$RPM_BUILD_ROOT" install

%clean
rm -rf "$RPM_BUILD_ROOT"

%post -p /sbin/ldconfig
%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig

%files
%defattr(-, root, root)
%doc AUTHORS BUGS COPYING ChangeLog FAQ NEWS README TODO
%{_sysconfdir}/clamav.conf
%{_bindir}/*
%{_libdir}/*.so.*
%{_libdir}/*.*a
%{_libdir}/*.so
%{_datadir}/*
%{_sbindir}/*
%{_includedir}/*
## -----------------------

%changelog
* Fri Jan 16 2004 Casey Price <linuxproject at aws-sj.com>
- Bug Fix release.
* Wed Jan 07 2004 Casey Price <linuxproject at aws-sj.com>
- Initial RPM release.

Added make check (just to make sure all goes well), and instead of
%makeinstall, which wasn't doing it's job properly I changed it to:
%{__make} DESTDIR="$RPM_BUILD_ROOT" install
and I added %{_sysconfigdir}/clamav.conf to make sure it creates the
config file.
Thanks for the tips everyone gave, and its not that I am not interested in
the fedora.us repository or any others, it is just that I want to make a
few rpms on my own just for fun and experience.

--
Casey Price