dvgrab update request

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Jan 19 07:28:28 UTC 2004

Currently, Fedora includes dvgrab-1.01. While working ok, this is a very
old version of the software.

Recently, dvgrab-1.5 was released, which includes tons of bugfixes
(related to autosplit, then some man page fixes, etc.) and many new
features, some of them pretty important (such as OpenDML, which
essentially provides support for unlimited-size AVI files).
I replaced 1.01 with 1.5 on my system and it works very well. I am able
to capture the movies i make with my digital camcorder, then convert
them to DVD format and burn them on DVD blancs; the method is indicated
here (scroll down to "DV-to-DVD-HOWTO" in the Documentation section):

http://zebra.fh-weingarten.de/~transcode/

It would be nice to upgrade dvgrab to the latest version, if not for
FC1, then at least include it in the release cycle for the FC2.

dvgrab homesite:

http://kino.schirmacher.de/

A src.rpm that compiles on all recent RH versions:

ftp://andrei.myip.org/media/dvgrab/

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/