Lazy unmounts during shutdown?

I've been having an occasional problem with umount hanging during
shutdown.  It's particularly annoying because it means all of my
software RAID devices have to resync when I reboot.

Anyway, I came across the lazy unmount option in the umount man page,
and I've added "-l" to the problematic umount call in
/etc/rc.d/init.d/halt.  The jury's still out, but I haven't seen any
hangs so far.

My question:  Is there any reason *not* to use lazy unmounting during
shutdown?

Thanks!

Ian Pilcher                                        i pilcher comcast net