2.6.1 kernel question

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Jan 22 02:22:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 03:25, Alan wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 02:00, Dave Jones wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 04:34, Alan wrote:
> > > I am encountering a problem where lsmod hangs.
> > >
> > > What version of modutils should I be running for the 2.6.1 kernel under
> > > Fedora 1?
> >
> > Probably the version from the development tree is your best bet.
> > (currently 2.5.26-2). Or the ones from Arjan's page at
> > people.redhat.com/arjanv (which is a few revisions behind right now).
>
> I just tried that.  Does not work.  Something is not functioning as it
> should.  I am going to run strace and a few other things and see if I
> can narrow it down as to cause.

Well, I found out what went wrong. Not certain what caused it.

/proc was no longer functional!  (Not certain why. Maybe this system
needs a /proctologist.)

I have updated to the devel tree for most of the system tools.  It seems
to work now.  I will see if I can reproduce the problem.

--
"Push that big, big granite sphere way up there from way down here!
Gasp and sweat and pant and wheeze! Uh-oh! Feel momentum cease!