Readiness of GLib/Pango/GTK+ 2.3.2 for test1?

Jim Cornette cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jan 24 17:49:50 UTC 2004

Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 11:57, Jeremy Katz wrote:
>
>>>It would be nice to have the new file selector; besides, backward binary
>>>compatibility with 2.2 probably could use some testing.
>>
>>Yep, definitely.
>

> Just installed the new glib2/pango/atk/gtk2 packages, and... it works
> just as it did before. Including the file selector ...
>
>>From comments over at GnomeDesktop:
> http://gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=1609&mode=nested&order=0
>
> it seems that both old and new file selectors are included, and apps
> need to *choose* to use the new file selector. Nice from a
> backward-compatibility POV but not so nice for seamless upgrading.
>
> Just in case other -devel users upgrade their GTK2 and wonder why
> everything looks the same..
>
> - Michel

I already had a problem with Pango dropping out an http and an ftp
install attempt with the current devel tree. This was tried yesterday.

The line was around 127 for pango to drop out.

I made a snapshot of the screen output and guess that pango and anaconda
would be good to submit a bug against.

Jim