problems with today's rawhide

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Mon Jan 26 14:03:57 UTC 2004

On Jan 26, 2004, Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au>(by way of Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au>) wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:05, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat.com> wrote:
>> SSH and su fail to log anything to local syslog.  sendmsg fails with
>> permission denied or something to that effect.  SELinux issue.

> It's strange about su, the policy permits it.  What AVC message do you get?

root# su - aoliva

avc: denied  { sendto } for  pid=3816 exe=/bin/su path=/dev/log scontext=root:sysadm_r:sysadm_t tcontext=system_u:system_r:kernel_t tclass=unix_dgram_socket

> For ssh is it the client or the server that has the problem?

Server.  But it seems I was mistaken.  The messages go to
/var/log/secure, not /var/log/messages where I was looking for them.
Sorry about that.  Anyhow, the logs look like:

Accepted publickey for aoliva from ::ffff:... port ... ssh2
fatal: Failed to get default security context for aoliva.

and I can't ssh in as any user other than root.

Happy GNU Year!                     oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}