LVM1 to LVM2 plans for FC2

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 21:00:37 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 06:59 +0000, Paul Jakma wrote:
> I'm just curious, what are the plans for how upgrading to FC2 will
> work for boxes with existing LVM1 volumes?

LVM2 can handle the LVM1 metadata without any problems.  The big problem
right now is the device nodes needing to change, but I've at least got
an idea for that (unmount the initrd later, fsck against the dev nodes
in the initrd) even if it's not implemented yet or the eventual
solution.  Upgrades via anaconda should be able to handle this far more
simply (they just need to remove the device nodes and remake them)

Jeremy