The Fedora Hardware Project - Update

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Thu Jul 1 01:04:17 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 20:40, Alan Cox wrote:
> If you do *PLEASE* remember to include an alternative method. While it
> gets rid of robots it also eliminates blind people quite effectively too

One mail and two people correcting my mistake - must have struck a nerve
here...

Anyway, I wrote "require a login" - as in you do the graphics in addition to
having a login for regular visitors and people that for one or another reason
can't read the graphics. Lynx is still very important when you try to bring
up a box and X doesn't work...
Unfortunately many people are turned off by the idea of having to register and
everything - so offering them to identify a image is a good way to make sure
that there is at least a person behind the keyboard...

Peter.
--
http://www.dealrover.com