Fedora Core 3 wishes

David Nielsen dnielsen at breakmygentoo.net
Thu Jul 15 00:29:52 UTC 2004

Breaking stuff hasn't stopped FC from making good technical decisions in
the past, if we continue to support OSS even through emulation we aren't
encouraging actually fixing stuff to use ALSA. I'm sure that base can be
fixed for 100% pure ALSA, and especially if we slim that sucker down.

example:
4kb kernel stacks in FC2 broke 3rd party modules for the kernel, no big
deal it was a good technical move and nvidia already fixed their driver,
I'm sure others will follow shortly.

I appricate your concerns though

- David