/sbin/install-info causing scripts to fail esp. in gcc srpms

Robert Hardy rhardy at webcon.ca
Fri Jul 23 14:36:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Max K-A wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 11:14, Robert Hardy wrote:
>> There seems to be a rare but reoccuring bug w/ install-info that seems to
>> occur a hugely disproportionate amount in the post/pre scripts of gcc srpms.
>
> 	Wow... have you filed a bug on bugzilla.redhat.com, or is there one
> that already exists?

No nothing similar exists. There are some install-info based bugs but
nothing like this.

Someone in #fedora-devel on freenode (I forget who...) suggested I try the
list first before filing.

I was hoping, since this is such an old problem, that someone would have
some insight on why install-info gets stupid sometimes... I simply don't
have the time to trace the source at this point.

Regards,
Rob

--
Robert Hardy, B.Eng Computer Systems                  C.E.O. Webcon Inc.