IDEA: Shortening boot-time

Loris Santamaria Loris.Santamaria at open-world.com.ve
Tue Jul 27 19:02:50 UTC 2004

Well, I quickly hacked the attached "prefdm" init script, based on /etc/
X11/prefdm. It starts at S26, after netfs, for people who have /home on
NFS. Don't have a stopwatch at hand but surely the login screen does
appear faster. It may not be much, but shaving a second here and another
there the bootup process could feel faster.

--
Lo invitamos a conocer más sobre nuestro programa de recompensa en:
http://www.openworldconsult.com.ve/OpenPass/openpass.html

Visite el enlace a nuestras soluciones Web y evalue los Demos en vivo en:
http://www.openworldconsult.com.ve/Soluciones/opensolutions.html

Loris Santamaria
Ingeniero de Soporte               Open World Consultores, C.A.
Loris.Santamaria at open-world.com.ve http://www.openworldconsult.com.ve
58 286 9515973  Puerto Ordaz       58 212 9594777  Caracas
58 261 7983369  Maracaibo          58 274 2529886  Mérída
58 416 6865843  Móvil