fc2, xorg, 2.6.x, scheduling latency peaks

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jun 2 18:28:20 UTC 2004

> > > A real test with the Jack low latency server reveals that something else
> > > is creating latency hits.
> >
> > do you run Jack as realtime process ??
>
> Correct, it is running SCHED_FIFO. I'm using Jack O'Quin LSM realcap
> module to grant non-root users those privileges (compiled as a module in
> the kernel).
>
> Just occured to me, is there anything else in FC2 that may be running
> SCHED_FIFO?? I'll try to find out.

Using schedutils (chrt) I find no tasks or threads running SCHED_FIFO.
And the realtime threads of jack are apparently running SCHED_FIFO.
Argh, that would have been too easy :-)

-- Fernando