Why are there only i686 and i586 Versions of glibc andkernel?-- not "lite" (386/486 @ 400MHz+, 256MB RAM)

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Mon Jun 7 08:47:19 UTC 2004

Hello Chris,

> You do realise btw that if you pick the minimal install as it exists now
> (which is about 90mb), you have exactly what you describe?

When did you last do a minimal installation? A minimal install is about
300MB these days. You can get that number down a bit by installing using
rpm --root --aid, and get an installation of just over 200MB. 90MB for a
minimal installation? I think RHL 6.2 already gave you 130MB on a
minimal installation...

Leonard.