S3 sleep with kernel 422 and ATI Radeon problem

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Tue Jun 8 12:17:00 UTC 2004

Reboot instantly. I'll keep my eyes open for the radeon updates. Will
these be in the kernel or the X server?

Here is what I have to do to get this far:

#!/bin/sh

/sbin/ifdown eth0
/sbin/ifdown eth1
/sbin/rmmod tg3
/sbin/rmmod ipw2100
/sbin/rmmod ehci_hcd

I do need to pull these modules to get this far. (Not completely sure
about the tg3 one since I don't use that interface often). The ipw2100
may have a problem resuming. With the ehci_hcd loaded the computer
doesn't suspend, just tries to then resumes sort off.

It's probably a good idea to bring the network interfaces down, since
you may end up on a different network when you resume.

Philip