kernel-source vs. kernel-sourcecode (please revert)

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Tue Jun 15 13:55:59 UTC 2004

>> There are probably lots of auto-build-some-3rd-party-kernel-module.sh
>> scripts that do sanity checking and will now break.
>
>those scripts then are very broken even in FC2 GA since you cannot use
>kernel-source for building kernel modules in FC2.
>(well not for modules against the currently running kernel, of course
>you can build your own kernel with kernel source and then you can use it
>to build modules against that kernel).

Please explain, why this change was ABSOLUTELY necessary at this time and
either was not done during the test cycle or could not wait until FC3?

yum upgrade might handle this but yum update does not. You just borked any
system that depends on yum to keep it updated. Running yum upgrade daily is
not an option given problems in the past with circular dependencies. So
if you are going to force this down our throats, please at least give us
some idea of the logic behind this besides, it is broken and I want it fixed.

Regards,

Tom