future kernel module rpm situation (was: kernel-source vs. kernel-sourcecode (please revert))

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Tue Jun 15 14:16:55 UTC 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, seth vidal wrote:

> > > yum/apt/up2date. All three of them.
> >
> > Not apt, I have quite often switched arch with apt.
>
> As have I - remember all the nptl problems people saw in rhl9-era? A
> fair number of those were apt switching from glibc.i686 to glibc.i386
> midstream.
>
> iirc, panu included an option into apt to protect from that happening.

It's on my todo-list, haven't done anything about it yet. Mind you I don't
think the exactarch-behavior is necessarily a win-win situation either
because it breaks when a package's arch is downgraded on purpose like we
all saw with this particular change. Having it as an option is/would be
nice though.

	- Panu -