future kernel module rpm situation (was: kernel-source vs. kernel-sourcecode (please revert))

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Jun 15 17:36:26 UTC 2004

Hi,

> Oh I absolutely agree. The 2.4 thing was a mess.
> Thankfully 2.6 kbuild is a big improvement and the current situation is
> possible.

Kbuild is indeed an improvement in some respects.  Having chosen - as a
character in target variable names is unfortunate however because that
prohibits nice integration with autotools (unless someone knows
something I don't).

Thomas

At three o'clock in the morning
You'd better be dying - and you were