kernel-source vs. kernel-sourcecode (please revert)

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Wed Jun 16 19:43:13 UTC 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:01:40 +0200
Arjan van de Ven <arjanv at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 09:00:21AM -0700, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> >
> > It does NOT document /lib/modules/`uname -r`, because it is a
> > distribution specific convention.
>
> Linus dictated convention fwiw

I understand, but this is not the point I am trying to make here.
The issue as I understand it is -

 Fedora ships documentation which does not document the proper way
 to build kernel modules; the proper way is documented in
 http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/foo/bar/god/knows/where/Makefile

This is not acceptable. Our excuse is "Linus ships this with Linux, so this
what the docs say".

But WE (Fedora developers, not Linux kernel developers) are shipping
docs for FEDORA, this is different. The kernel-doc package (kernel.srpm
actually) has to be built with a patch which adds the right documentation
specifically for Fedora.

Does it make sense to you? If you agree, I'll implement it.

-- Pete