video in the desktop

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Fri Jun 18 14:38:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 10:32:30AM -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> videos aimed at end-users. I want to see community take those
> tutorials and edit them to produce propaganda material aided to
> reviewers and people interested in seeing open source in action. And I

Depending on what transcoding ability people have there are a whole load
of talks from places like OLS that I am sure Andrew would be happy to have
available in Theora but won't have time to do himself.

A large part of the value of theora isn't play back however - its creation,
and good creation tools are what will lead to content just as easy to use
ogg encoders produced a lot of ogg content.

Alan