Fedora.us sync with devel

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Sat Jun 19 20:30:21 UTC 2004

Warren Togami wrote:
> Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
>
>> Why is there no repository for the fedora.us packages that's in sync
>> with fedora development? I've noticed fedora-devel packages tend to
>> update in batches in order not to break dependencies. It becomes a
>> pain to make fedora devel work with fedora.us packages against the
>> last release. Isn't the idea to merge the two anyway? When will that
>> happen?
>

> What are you talking about?  fedora.us has been in sync with development
> during this entire FC2 cycle.  Now we've moved to a version '2'
> repository in preparation for release, so we can do a mass rebuild of
> all Extras packages and make sure everything works.

Ok. I assumed I don't know what I'm talking about.
Then how about this:

This is from the lablgtk maintainer in Fedora.us

------- Additional Comment #2 From Ivan Gyurdiev 2004-06-19 09:42 -------

And the current libcroco is:

libcroco-0.5.1-1

I was told fedora.us was to stay in sync with -devel...anything else is
a bug.
Is this not so?

------- Additional Comment #3 From Michael Schwendt 2004-06-19 10:01 -------

That is false information.  The Extras repositories for Fedora Core 2 stay
compatible with Fedora Core 2, of course, and do not follow Fedora Core
Development. A separate tree which follows FC Development does not
exist. With
availability of FC3 Test1, (re)builds will be available in a separate tree.