Java development on Fedora

W. Michael Petullo mike at flyn.org
Tue Jun 22 23:00:37 UTC 2004

Recently, I noticed that gcc's SRPM contains libswt-gtk2.spec.
However, I have not yet seen this package in Fedora's development
packages.  Is this package on its way?

Also, are there any plans to configure gcc with --enable-java-awt=gtk?
My understanding is that this is required to get the GTK2 AWT peer
built.  Currently, I can't execute gcj-built AWT code natively or using
gij.  However, Sun's JVM will execute the same gcj-built AWT code fine.
I understand that gcj's AWT is under development but I would like to be
able to help test.

--
Mike