Watch Out... missing 'localhost'

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Jun 24 06:48:34 UTC 2004

Please be on the look out for some network configuration tool in FC2
that leaves /etc/hosts without "localhost" entries.  I just discovered
that my system /etc/hosts was blank with only the following lines after
using netconfig and neat several times switching between DHCP, static,
and dialup networking... so I don't know what caused it.

This seems to have exposed problems of robustness in services IIim and
sendmail.  Investigating those now.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com