Self-Introduction: Michael Tiemann

Rudi Chiarito nutello at sweetness.com
Wed Jun 30 10:31:32 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 05:03:51AM -0400, Michael Tiemann wrote:
> 	* bring in the latest and greatest free bioinformatics sw

I packaged or ported a number of tools already: EMBOSS, Bioperl,
Biojava, Pfaat, Artemis, Jalview, ClustalW, sim4, GBrowse, plus a lot of
support Perl modules. I also have a package for T_coffee, but never
heard back from the authors about redistribution, as the documentation
says you need their permission first - maybe you could help there.

What has held me back so far has been the lack of spare time in recent
months and, to a greater extent, the absence of a more automated
procedure for package submission. There was a discussion about that
several months ago on this list, with Eric Raymond and others. Some seem
to have started working with the "old" fedora.us process, while others
like me are probably waiting for the final infrastructure to be in
place.

--
Rudi