gtk2 package changes

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 18:35:12 UTC 2004

On 06/25/2004 09:14 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
 > I've fixed the gtk2 wrt to being parallel-installable on biarch
 > systems like ppc/ppc64. The changes involved moving the arch-dependent
 > config files to another directory and adding -32/-64 suffixes to the
 > installed binaries. This means in particular that packages which install
 > input modules or pixbuf loaders need changes to their postinstall and
 > postuninstall hooks. To make this easier, the gtk2 package now installs
 > two scripts, update-gdk-pixbuf-loaders and update-gtk-immodules, which
 > expect to be given the host triplet and figure out the binary to call
 > and the config file location based on that.

gqview uses gdk-pixbuf-csource in its makefiles to generate headers, so
the suggestions here won't help me at all.  But hold up -- why does
gdk-pixbuf-csource even need to be arch dependent in the first place?
It doesn't generate any arch specific source (and things would seem very
broken if it did), so I'm not sure what the advantage of splitting that
up is.

Chris