H.323 gatekeeper on FC1?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Mar 18 01:23:12 UTC 2004

Russell Coker wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:54, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org>
> wrote:
>
>>Is someone working on a H.323 gatekeeper that compiles (and works) on FC1
>>and higher and make it packageable?
>

> Long term programs that provide similar functionality with SIP will be of more
> use.  I expect SIP to totally replace H.323 in the near future...

If you are looking for H.323 capability behind a linux netfilter NAT
firewall, I have had luck with the netfilter.org patch-o-matic
ip_conntrack_h323 or ip_nat_h323.  The rules I needed to add were rather
odd, but it seems to work with this crap Sony H.323 proprietary VTC box
that one school here has.

-A CAMPUSFROM -m state --state RELATED -m helper --helper h323 -j ACCEPT
-A CAMPUSTO -d 10.10.0.110 -m state --state RELATED -m helper --helper
h323 -j ACCEPT

These are the rules in the custom ruleset that uses this.  I don't
really understand how it works.  Ask netfilter upstream if you need to
figure it out.

Warren