atmel drivers in the main distro?

msevior at physics.unimelb.edu.au msevior at physics.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Mar 3 07:49:19 UTC 2004

> Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:32:00 -0600
> From: Steven Pritchard <steve at silug.org>
> To: fedora-devel-list at redhat.com
> Subject: Re: atmel drivers in the main distro?
>
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 03:30:50AM +1100, msevior at physics.unimelb.edu.au
> wrote:
>> Is there a reason the atmel wireless drivers are not distributed with
>> the
>> main Fedora disto?
>
> There are a lot of wireless drivers that aren't integrated into the
> kernel.  I'd suggest bugging the upstream developers about getting
> their driver into Linus's tree.
>
> In the mean time, there are other open-source wireless drivers in
> fedora.us QA (at least my kernel-module-hostap package and a
> kernel-module-prism54 package I noticed yesterday).  I'd love to see
> more.  (Actually, I'd love to see the existing ones make it through QA
> even more.  :-)
>
> Steve

It certainly makes sense for the these to be rolled into the 2.4 and 2.6
kernels.

So what the best route to do this? How do I let whoever know that the
atmel drivers WorksForMe?

I also think these should be put into whatever Kernel Fedora is rolling
for FC 2. Since this is RedHat's perogative, I'll happily email the person
doing this if (s)he isn't reading this list or missed my post.

Cheers

Martin