package shepherding

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 11:23:28 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 11:46, Jef Spaleta wrote:

> Example, having a field to link upstream bug reports/urls instead of
> burying that linkage between fedora and upstream in comments.

This sounds like an excellent idea! I'd love that!

> > - Set the bug's priority/severity
>
> Just want to comment on this, I've been in conversations with fedora
> developers about these fields...and as far as i can tell these fields
> are not used consistently by fedora developers...which makes its
> difficult for triage to use effectively..so i'm inclined to ignore these
> fields completely.

I tend to not rely on them much. The problem with them is that the
reporter often sets this to what he thinks, which is always high of
course. I've had several people changing it back to high when i've
changed it to a lower priority. This, coupled with the fact that its
very hard to classify priority like that makes me just ignore these
fields. Instead I usually rely on blocker/target bug markings for high
priority status, and my own sense of what other bugs are important.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's an underprivileged overambitious stage actor gone bad. She's a virginal
communist angel looking for love in all the wrong places. They fight crime!