package shepherding

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Wed Mar 3 16:29:43 UTC 2004

Hi Jef,

> > - Set the bug's priority/severity
>
> Just want to comment on this, I've been in conversations with fedora
> developers about these fields...and as far as i can tell these fields
> are not used consistently by fedora developers...which makes its
> difficult for triage to use effectively..so i'm inclined to ignore these
> fields completely.

I was just thinking of these (in relation to my scratch list example).
My opinion was to actually use severity, which should work if there are
enough people with bugzilla rights to reset them correctly (security for
security issues and high only for crashes), but indeed ignore priority
as it seems to be unused by most developers/reporters.

Or more simply put: severity should be equivalent to priority anyway.

Leonard.