package shepherding (was Re: Fedora Bug Day Tomorrow: March 3rd 2004: Don't Bug Mark Day)

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 22:10:16 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 04:28, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> 	I think we need to figure out what we're trying to achieve with these
> shepherding lists and then figure out a way to use bugzilla to
> effectively achieve those goals.

I've done the text file thing before too. I think the basic problem is
that bugzilla is overcomplex and bloated and needs some top-down
interaction design...

This isn't a productive suggestion for the short term ;-)

Alex's pygtk frontend to bugzilla may be the right approach; a non-web
UI might cache enough locally to be a lot faster, and be able to e.g.
keep multiple query results and bug lists at a time. It could also have
hardcoded awareness of certain keywords and tracking bugs, and maybe
have nice UI for dealing with milestones and things.

Havoc