example of nice usability feature

Leonid Mamtchenkov leonid at leonid.maks.net
Thu Mar 11 01:07:14 UTC 2004

* Toshio <toshio at tiki-lounge.com> [04-Mar-2004 14:46]:
> > > Anyway the example was not only for this specific feature, but a good
> > > example where the computer does what the user wants with minimal input
> > > (Iago: without the need to go to File->Save)
> >
> > I'm not sure if I'd like an application that automatically and without
> > any user input save previews to disk.
>
> One example of this being annoying:  My digital camera saves the
> timestamp for when it takes the picture as the timestamp of the file.
> If my image browser were to re-save the files I'd quickly lose that
> information.

Yup.  On the other hand, it is somewhat possible to show rotated images
right without any user manipulations what-so-ever.  At least for images
coming from some digital cameras (Canon, for example).  These cameras
add an EXIF header stating that image needs rotation.

--
 Leonid Mamtchenkov.
 http://www.leonid.maks.net