Self Introduction: David Allison

David Allison david.allison at comcast.net
Sat Mar 20 01:44:17 UTC 2004

1. Full Legal Name: David Stephen Allison

2. Country, City: USA, San Ramon, CA

3. Profession: software engineer

4. Company: I currently work for PathScale Inc.

5. My Goals:  I have developed a new language that would make a nice
addition to
    the languages supported by Fedora.  My initial goal is to get the
language included
    into the Fedora extras project and hopefully see it used.

6. Historical Qualifications:  I have 16 years experience working in
software engineering.
     My previous employers include British Telecom, Digital Equipment
and Sun Microsystems.
     While at Sun, I worked in the labs as a team leader on a very large
Verilog simulation
     project.

     I have been a computer hobbyist for many years, starting out on the
Sinclair ZX80, and
     on through the BBC Micro, Acorn Archimedes and RISC PC, and now Mac
OS X
     and Linux.  I have written and sold C and C++ development systems
for Acorn
     machines, the first one being Beebug C for the BBC Micro and after
that I
     wrote Easy C/C++ for the Acorn ARM based machines.  These were all
written
     in assembly language.

     My latest pet project was Aikido, an interpreted prototyping and
scripting language
     that I developed while as Sun.  It is available as open source and
I would like
     to see it used. (http://aikido.bkbits.net)

     I am familiar with the C family of languages, mainly C++ and
assembly languages
     (6502, ARM, SPARC and now x86).  I am a keen compiler writer with
many years
     of experience in all aspects of compilers and languages.

7. GPG KEYID and fingerprint

[dhcp-166:~] dallison% gpg --fingerprint 6c30eda2
pub  1024D/6C30EDA2 2004-03-19 David Allison (Dave)
<david.allison at comcast.net>
      Key fingerprint = A910 222E D388 BCBF B12A  4F3C 12C4 5E47 6C30
EDA2
sub  1024g/A64DC009 2004-03-19

Dave