FastTrack 133 "Lite" or why there is no /dev/hda

Tue Mar 23 09:34:48 UTC 2004

Le mar, 23/03/2004 à 08:05 +0100, Martin Mewes a écrit :

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot at laPoste.net> wrote:
>
> >It did require fun grub stuff like
> >rootnoverify (hd2,0)
> >map (hd2) (hd0)
> >to keep the legacy OS bootable, since it ennumerates the drives the
> >other way.
>
> Nice catch. I did not think about this ...
>
> But how to deal with this if you do an initial installation of Linux
> as the second OS?

As far as I know grub and linux agree on the drive numbering, so you
just consider linux numbers as the "right" ones and remap drives in grub
before booting in Windows. But I do'nt have the same hardware as you, so
YMMV.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot