Re: sg (scsi generic) module missing

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 01:22, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto wrote:

> About what's being discussed, I just ponder that failing to work
> correctly with common devices (usb-storage, etc) is a fair good way of
> killing a distribution.

the usb-storage bug is fixed in kernel 349 (see
http://people.redhat.com). Actually it's worked around. cdrecord has a
bug where it doesn't check a return value and interprets an error value
as 255 sectors-io-size. Which is/was invalid for usb storage. SG just
silently ignores the fact that that is an invalid value for usb storage
and continues, at the risk of breaking the burn. As I said fixed in 349
by making usb-storage also grok 255 sector sized IO's.