fedora core 3 goals.

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon May 3 14:11:49 UTC 2004

> >Will CVS be opened up?
> >

> We want to open up CVS as soon as possible. Turns out that setting up a
> build system for FC that is open to outside contributors is non-trivial.
> For example, we need a system for preventing security-embargoed patches
> from appearing in the public tree until the embargo is lifted.
>
> Anyway, Gafton, who is a hard-core 3l33t hax0r d00d, has been working
> hard on this problem with others.

It's interesting, but everyone I've talked to tells me what gafton is
thinking. However, gafton never speaks himself. It's also somewhat
telling that the only people who know what the details are of things
happen to work for red hat.

> We have a dedicated team in place, but their first priority (I believe)
> is the opening up of CVS.

who is on this dedicated team? What's their agenda look like? Where is
it discussed?

> >Maybe right after the release of fc2 would be a good time for a 'state
> >of the fedora' message from the project leader?
> >Maybe sooner?
> >

> Agreed.

-sv