Re: sg (scsi generic) module missing

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
the usb-storage bug is fixed in kernel 349 (see
http://people.redhat.com). Actually it's worked around. cdrecord has a
bug where it doesn't check a return value and interprets an error value
as 255 sectors-io-size. Which is/was invalid for usb storage. SG just
silently ignores the fact that that is an invalid value for usb storage
and continues, at the risk of breaking the burn. As I said fixed in 349
by making usb-storage also grok 255 sector sized IO's.

I don't know about cdrecord, but grip and cdparanoia are still broken with 349 and my USB CD-RW drive. I still get:

Error trying to open /dev/sg0 exclusively (No such device or address). retrying in 1 second

...and failure to rip any tracks.

Also, 349 seems to ignore "selinux=0" argument?

:j