FC2-Test3 Xorg problems

Mark Lane mark at harddata.com
Tue May 4 19:06:51 UTC 2004

On May 4, 2004 12:46 pm, Casper Pedersen <cpedersen at c-note.dk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like there is a problem with firstboot/Xorg. I have a Sony E200
> monitor which is DCC compliant (I think), but after firstboot I'm only
> able to set it to 640x480 or 800x600 - Not 1280x1024..
>
> In /etc/X11/xorg.conf the following lines where remarked out:
>
>        HorizSync    30.0 - 85.0
>        VertRefresh  48.0 - 120.0
>
> After enabling them again, I was able to get 1280x1024.
>
> Is this a bug?

We have noticed a problem with dpms trying to auto determine the Sync and
Refresh. You definitely need to hard code it in and the install doesn't do
that.

regards,

Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771   F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--