Re: Gnome 2.6.1 and FC2

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 19:52, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 07:38:50PM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > > Any reason for not just pushing 2.6.1 at some point ?
> >
> > 	Look back over the thread :-)
> >
> > http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00090.html
> >
> > 	Basically, mass-updating to GNOME 2.6.1 at this point doesn't strike me
> > as a particularly good exercise in in risk management, no matter how
> > confident I am in GNOME's release process ...
>

> Sorry - I didnt mean for the FC2 release I meant some time after when they
> have wandered through testing

	Yeah, I was mainly referring to post release too, although you could
probably figure out something whereby the mass-update gets a lot of
QA-ing before being pushed.

	I'd be all for it, but it would be a rather large amount of work given
the number packages involved and the relative little gain for doing it.
I guess its something that people could easily help out with so once we
have an external CVS we could certainly try and figure it out.

Cheers,
Mark.