Gnome 2.6.1 and FC2

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed May 5 04:46:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 14:38, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 19:20, Alan Cox wrote:
> > On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 03:13:39PM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > > thing to do. But if we were to do that I'd like to have translation
> > > teams for each language be responsible for that work.
> > >
> > > 	Just another item to put on the TODO list for when we have an external
> > > CVS ...
> >
> > Any reason for not just pushing 2.6.1 at some point ?
>
> 	Look back over the thread :-)
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00090.html
>
> 	Basically, mass-updating to GNOME 2.6.1 at this point doesn't strike me
> as a particularly good exercise in in risk management, no matter how
> confident I am in GNOME's release process ...

I think 2.6.1 would be fine post-FC2-release, just put it in staging
area for a bit and use it ourselves and if nothing horrible happens push
it out as an update. Probably not a good idea during the freeze though.
Basically, push 2.6.1 into Fedora when Fedora is in the same state that
GNOME was in when GNOME pushed 2.6.1 in GNOME.

I saw someone mention that we may have some packages that aren't up to
2.6.0 though (epiphany perhaps?), we should be sure to fix those by
Friday probably if there are any. Don't want to ship betas.

Havoc