boot.iso && dhcp

matt whiteley mattwhiteley at gmail.com
Wed May 5 22:35:05 UTC 2004

I install my test machine most every day from the devel tree. I know
this is not an approved method of using the test release but it works
for me, and I am interested in seeing the differences in anaconda etc.

The last two days booting from the boot.iso in the devel tree, my
machine is not asking for dhcp properly. I have a dlink 530tx+ network
card that it loads the module and finds an eth0. My dhcp server logs
have no mention of it asking for an address. After a timeout it
reports "pump told us: no DHCP reply received."

Since this is only happening with the boot.iso from 5/4 and 5/5 which
is when the kernel revs 349 and 350 were introduced I thought this may
be a kernel issue. I saw nothing in bugzilla that was applicable, but
thought I would try here first.

thanks,

--
matt whiteley <mattwhiteley at gmail.com>