Re: k3b as default CD burner

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 03:28, Pyroman[FO] wrote:
> I was wondering why gtoaster was still the default cd burner with Fedora
> Core.  k3b is updated more often and much easier to use than gtoaster,
> IMO.  gtoaster hasn't been updated in a while.  Any specific reasons?

According to the FC2 test3 release notes, gtoaster has been removed for
FC2:

"gtoaster â?? Equivalent functionality present in nautilus-cd-burner"

Equivalent functionality!? As Alan just pointed out, it's not as
full-featured as a CD-burning app. So the only other GNOME app on offer
is X-CD-Roast I believe, but I prefer K3b over all of them.
nautilus-cd-burner is really simple to use, but it can't do everything
such as burn an audio CD if you feed it mp3s/oggs.

Regards,
-Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.